Vegan Ferrero Rocher – Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Attention: danger of addiction! If I had to name my favourite combination of chocolate and hazelnut, it would have always been Ferrero Rocher in the past. Meanwhile, it’s definitely our my own brand’s hazelnut cocoa “Squirrel’s best”! But why have to choose when you can have the best of all worlds, combined in delicious chocolate hazelnut truffles?
Therefore, I want to share my recipe for this infinitely delicious chocolate hazelnut truffles with you! Since not only do you melt away, but also immediately the chocolate in your mouth. I would love to play you the joy smacks of my dear friend Nina, which she has given while enjoying. But it wouldn’t be clean, and after that, it was clear to me where the name “foodporn” comes from. Inner cinema off, recipe on!
- 1 pot for water bath
- 2 heat-resistant bowls
- 1 pan
- 100 g cacao butter
- 100 g hazelnut cocoa
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 160 g hazelnut butter
- 1 knife point vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 whole hazelnuts
- 150 g hazelnuts roasted
- 25 g cacao butter
- 25 g hazelnut cacao
- 10 g coconut oil
Preparing the mixture
- First, melt the cacao butter together with the hazelnut cacao in a heatproof bowl in a water bath and take it off the heat.
- While stirring, add the coconut milk, hazelnut butter, vanilla, and salt. The mixture should become more and more solid, but it should still be possible to stir it. Now place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Preparing the frosting
- Meanwhile, chop the hazelnuts and toast them in a pan over medium heat.
- Also, for the glaze, melt the cocoa butter and hazelnut cocoa again in a small bowl in a water bath, this time with a little coconut oil.
Roll them up!
- After about 30-40 minutes in the freezer, the mass should be cooled enough for you to form it into balls. To do this, take a teaspoon of the chocolate-hazelnut mixture, put a hazelnut in it, form a ball, roll it in the roasted hazelnut pieces, dip it in the chocolate glaze and let it cool on a small grid.
- Repeat this until the mixture is used up. The vegan Ferrero Rocher taste best out of the fridge. As always: Enjoy to the fully fullest!
Chocolate hazelnut truffles are easy to make yourself!
I have to admit that I actually like my vegan Ferrero Rocher version much better than the original. On the one hand, I’m not a big fan of the wafer that’s hidden in the original. On the other hand, I always find it nicer when I know exactly what and how much sugar is in the things I eat. That way, I can easily determine the sugar content myself. As you have probably noticed, there is no sugar in this recipe. That’s because our hazelnut cocoa already has some sugar in it, which is quite enough!
What’s more, my vegan hazelnut pralines are even more hazelnutty and melt in your mouth especially delicious. You can tell that I use high-quality hazelnut butter and especially our Dein Kakao hazelnut cacao (self-promotion). Our hazelnut cacao has the tastiest hazelnuts from Piemont, which are simply amazing! Of course, you can also use dark chocolate instead of cacao butter and cacao powder, but then it won’t be as delicious. True story. There’s a reason why we always say: The best cacao you’ve probably ever tasted!
Enjoy to the fully fullest!
Yours, Rosa xxx
P.S.: I would be happy if you subscribe to my Facebook fan page – the easiest way to stay up to date. Of course, you can also share this post or my other recipes and blog posts – sharing is caring! <3