Vegan Pancakes for President!
I have to admit that lately I’ve been rather lazy to do some lavish breakfasting in the morning. For me, the first meal a day is called “breakfast”, but quite often this happens right in the afternoon. Especially when I’m on intermittent fasting, that’s quite common. However, the later I eat breakfast and the more likely I have guests, the greater are my efforts to make something really delicious. That’s why I decided to make these vegan and gluten-free pancakes without added sugars. A guaranteed culinary delight – you’ll love them! 🙂
- 200 g soy yogurt
- 2 figs
- 100 g blackberries
- some fresh mint
- Add the oatmeal to your blender and blend it at the highest level. This usually works with any blender and you don’t need a flour mill for this!
- Mix the oatmeal with the flaxseed, baking powder, xylitol, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, applesauce, water and almond milk in a bowl to a dough.
- Heat a shallow pan with the coconut oil and place it on medium heat.
- Put about 1/2 of a large scoop of your dough in the pan per pancake. In a large pan fit about 2 pancakes. Don’t slew! Fry each pancake for about 3 minutes per side!
- Stack the finished pancakes on a plate, garnish with the soy yogurt, figs, blackberries and mint and – most important – enjoy them warm to the fullest! 😉
You can vary the pancakes in all possible ways. The carbonated water makes them really fluffy. You can also mince some mint and add to the dough to refine. Sometimes I also rub some lime or lemon zest over it. The pancakes are full of fiber and important vitamins. In addition, thanks to the figs, they are perfect for your acid-base balance. Together with blackberries, figs are an absolute local superfood and with their concentrated load of vitamins, trace elements, antioxidants, and fiber they dwarf açaí & Co. Yesterday, an endorphin boost completely overtook me as I saw some figs in my supermarket – my absolute favorite fruit! Rosa in the seventh heaven! 🙂
I would be happy if you subscribe to my Facebook Fan page or follow me on Instagram. This is the easiest way to stay up to date. Of course, you can also share this post or my recipes – sharing is caring! <3