I’m still happy and endlessly proud to be part of the latest issue of World Vegan Magazine. Actually, I still can not believe that I am really in a magazine! Especially in one that I have always read myself! Plus, two double pages! So, so happy and grateful! 🙂
One of the double pages deals with my personal vegan top spots in Munich, where you can meet me again and again. For example, in my favorite restaurant in my hood called bodhi. Meet me while co-working in the Lost Weekend, having some delicious ice-cream at iceDate or in the evening at Gans am Wasser. I love Munich and I’m glad that I got the opportunity to show the world that Munich has much more to offer than just traditional Weisswurst and Haxn! It is truly an honor and an immense pleasure for me to have the opportunity to inspire more people. Like an accolade! Especially when I think of starting this blog as a passion just two years ago – goosebumps!
The second double page in the magazine is dedicated to my recipe for chia-turmeric ice-cream. In addition, to see my recipe next to famous vegan chefs like Björn Moschinski or Sebastian Copien is really overwhelming. It’s the perfect weather for it! So, enjoy melting! 😉
- popsicle mold
- 300 ml vanilla soy milk
- 100 ml soy cream
- 3 tbsp soy yogurt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- some fresh mint
- some coconut flakes
- Mix the vanilla drink with the soy cream and the chia seeds. Let it soak in the fridge for about half an hour. Stir from time to time so that the chia seeds don’t clump.
- In the meantime, chop some mint and squeeze out the lemon.
- Add the yogurt, turmeric, some pepper, chopped mint and the juice of half a lemon and place in a popsicle-mold.
- Put the stuffed ice-cream mold in the freezer and let it cool for about 4 hours.
- Take it out of the freezer and release the ice-cream. Let the popsicles thaw a bit and turn them in some coconut flakes. Important: Enjoy to the fullest! 🙂
Of course, if you don’t like soy, you can also use oat milk and oat cream. I have no concerns about soy and I really like soy milk, especially soy vanilla milk. It is also perfect for milk foam and is creamier than other milk alternatives. You don’t have a popsicle-mold at home? Try half of the ingredients in an ice-cube tray!
Enjoy eating your ice-cream and glory in the summer and warm summer evenings. Lose yourself in the evening counting falling stars. Soak the air of freshly mown meadows. Life is beautiful, we just have to see it. <3