In my last recipe I have exuberantly claimed that there is an extreme potential to addictiveness. And I’m afraid I have to put this claim back here. Dani, a dear friend of mine, when tasting said: “Okay, you could definitely kill for that!” Now, that’s a statement! 😉
Seriously, actually I can not fabricate these little things, because they definitely will not survive the day. After all, they are super healthy, (theoretically 😉 ) freezable, keep fresh in the fridge for a few days and are a good, healthy, raw snack with no added sugars. You can also enjoy them to-go and bring them to parties, etc. Conclusion: Natural raw food that provides you with energy and fiber optimally for hours. Anyway, I’m sure you’ll love them! I do! 🙂
- 7 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp oatmeal glutenfree
- 1 tbsp chia-seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 handful blueberries approx. 40 g
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- Pit/Deseed the dates and put them in a bowl. Mash them with a fork or blend them in a mixer to form a mass.
- Add all the other ingredients. Crush and mix everything well together. Use a teaspoon to find the right amount for one portion and roll it into balls in your hands.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder on a flat plate. Roll or turn the balls in it, so they stick less. You can either scarf them down immediately or let them melt in your mouth out the freezer. Enjoy!
The right dates are half the battle
Medjool dates are particularly good as they are very soft. If the dates are too hard, soak them briefly with a sip of oat milk. Then they are much easier to mash. Dates endow the energy balls with their power, contain important fiber and keep your blood sugar levels constant for a long time, in order to avoid hunger cravings.
Alternatively, you can also roll them in cinnamon, puffed amaranth or grated coconut. The blueberries and turmeric give the whole thing an additional superfood character. The antioxidants contained greet and protect you from cell aging. Aren’t that enough arguments for a true reward? 🙂