Vegan Chocolate Pancakes – the perfect start to your day
Well, vegan chocolate pancakes are actually always a good idea – not only for breakfast! The other day I made myself some after hiking and I can’t tell you how blown away I was. They are also super quick to prepare, you usually have all the ingredients at home, and they are always simply delicious. Also, you can easily vary their flavour by using a different flavour of cocoa. This time I chose “Rosas Mischung”, because it gives them a very pleasant spicy note with ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and Szechuan pepper. So, they are perfectly seasoned. If you are new here: I have my own cacao brand called “Dein Kakao”.
In addition, this time I use chickpea flour! On the one hand, I wanted to up the protein content a bit and keep my pancakes gluten-free. For this purpose, chickpea flour is simply ideal, even if it of course brings its own taste. But since I use very aromatic cacao, it fits very well. Of course, you can also use ordinary flour, if you do not have chickpea flour at home.
Long enough beating around the bush: Bring on the pancakes before someone else gets hangry!
- 150 g chickpea flour or any other flour
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 200 ml oat milk gluten-free
- 5 g baking powder ca. 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 pinch salt
- 20 g xylitol or any other sweetener
- 1 really ripe banana mashed with a fork
- 2 tbsp maple syrup if needed
- 1 handful fresh mint and fruits
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients of the dough in a large bowl. Then add the milk and mashed banana and mix everything well with a whisk.
- Preheat a frying pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil to medium heat. Add a large tablespoon of the batter to the pan at a time (I can fit 3 in a pan) and fry them for 3 minutes on each side.
- Finally, stack your pancakes and baste them with some maple syrup, if desired. For the eye, you can garnish them with fruit and some mint. And as always: Enjoy to the fully fullest.
Super fast, high-protein chocolate pancakes
As already mentioned, you can also prepare the pancakes quite simply with wheat flour and conventional cocoa powder. They are then just not as good, but that’s what you get. 🙂 Really delicious they are, for example, with Roasted Caramel or Hazelnut Cacao from Dein Kakao – of course I only use my own cocoa, otherwise, I would not have had to co-found the company! 😉
With this in mind, have fun making them and enjoy to the fully fullest!
Light and love,
Keep updated on my Facebook-Fan page – sharing is caring! Hope you like this blog post and keep spreading the love!